1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

I'd Like to show Past Events in List Mode

Discussion in 'General Support' started by macdonut, Aug 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi Guys,

My site uses phpcalendar to show the football calendar for the 2005/2006 season. As each game ends, I update the event to show the score/scorers. What I'm ideally looking for is a way of displaying the full season. I'm familiar with all the options in List Mode, but ALL seem to only give the option of showing events from TODAY onwards, or THIS MONTH onwards.

This, in my opinion is an unnecessary limitation (assuming I've not missed something obvious). What I'd like to do is display 13 months FROM JULY 2005!! Not from current month. This means that users of the calender will be able to see all fixtures/results for the entire season, not only those in current and future months.

Before I make a feature request, have I missed something obvious? I've looked pretty deep but it seems to me that I'd need to change code that I don't have access to in order to fulfill this requirement.

A simple fix for this would be to include a variable in List Mode called $startDate which, if set, would determine the date to start displaying events from. If $startDate is NOT set, the current date/month/year could be used as it presently does.

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks

Ian
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2005
  2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

You can use $listMonths = 13; and set the month and year variables to $mo = 7; and $yr = 2005; respectively.
  3. Smarty bloody pants :clap: . Thanks mate, that's exactly what I wanted.

Ian
  4. Brian,

One thought. It might be worth updating the documentation with your advice. When I was trawling the forums for a solution to this, I found one or two posts from people who were looking to do something similar.

Cheers, Ian
  5. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.