1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Height issues in Normal mode

Discussion in 'Customizations (Themes / Templates)' started by Ryan Joachim, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan Joachim

Ryan Joachim New Member

http://www.mcminnvillejaycees.com/upcoming.php

As you can see, I have the calendar where I want it, and at the width I want it. However, nothing I do to increase the height works.

I've increased the height in 3 places:

.rowsTOC
    .s20TOC
    .s20TOC0

Am I missing something? Also, is the path "calendar/calendar.php" right if the folder "calendar" is in my root folder?

2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

Again, you're editing the TOC mode CSS and not the normal mode (which is what you have on your page).

See, they end with TOC. You want to edit the ones without TOC in them.

3. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

See the two links posted here.

4. Ryan Joachim

Ryan Joachim New Member

You're right, I was editing the toc items. I also edited the .rows item, and I didn't see any option for "height" for the other items shown in the MAP...but nothing seemed to work.

Do I need to add line-height: **pt; to other options myself?

This is my first experience with php, so sorry about my lack of knowledge.

5. Brian

Please feel free to modify this CSS in any way that would help you obtain your goal. :)

6. Ryan Joachim

Ryan Joachim New Member

If I wanted my calendar to look like the Ajax demo, where would I find that info?

Or what would I need to edit in my css for that?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  7. Brian

The normal mode calendar uses the same layout and CSS information as the AJAX layout. So they would look the same.

8. Ryan Joachim

Ryan Joachim New Member

Well, as far as I can tell they don't...would the calendar be affected in some way by the css form I use for my website?

9. Brian

Your mm_entertainment.css file in your page has blanket CSS changes that are affecting the calendar. It's set to modify all table elements on your page, which is also changing the calendar.

This will need to be modified to only apply to specific elements of the page and not override the calendar.

10. Ryan Joachim

Ryan Joachim New Member

Thanks a lot for the information. Do you know of a good resource that would show me how to do that?

11. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

You can use the Web Developer Toolbar add-on for Firefox. It is really good at telling you which CSS applies to each element. It will help you troubleshoot those CSS issues, but it won't tell you how to fix it.

Just make sure that you don't apply CSS to full elements, like td, or tr, etc...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.