1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Godaddy

Discussion in 'General' started by ataylor, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ataylor

ataylor New Member

Good morning.
    I am looking to change my web site (www.floridalegionpost13.org) calendar to use the "easyphpcalendar" rather than the Google calendar. So far I have encountered the following just running the "test.php" script before even downloading the "easyphpcalendar" files. This is a Godaddy hosted site using Windows. So I am not sure if that is an issue. There have been several items in the past few years that Godaddy seems to have issues with when I try to run / install something. I inherited the web support on this site and I would not have picked Godaddy as a host.

Fail - Zend Optimizer Not Detected
    Zend Optimizer must be Version 2.6.0 or greater! The latest version of Zend Optimizer can be downloaded for free from www.zend.com and installed by your server administrator or web host provider.
    Failure Messages and Suggestions:
    * We were unable to determine if a compatible version of Zend Optimizer could be found on this server. In order to run the Easy PHP Calendar, your web host provider should install the latest version of Zend Optimizer on the server (or the server must have passed the ionCube Loader test). Zend Optimizer is free and more information can be found at www.zend.com.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ionCube Loader Wizard
    To use files that have been protected by the ionCube PHP Encoder, a component called the ionCube Loader must be installed.
    There may not be an ionCube Loader available for your type of system at the moment. However, if you create a support ticket more advice and information may be available to assist. Please include the URL for this Wizard in your ticket.

So if whoever is reading this has made it down to here is there anyone out there that has successfully installed on Godaddy in a windows environment?

Have a good day.

Thank you.
    Art Taylor

2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

3. ataylor

ataylor New Member

Thank you Brian. If I can ever get someone at Godaddy I will ask. It may be a while getting this set up so this thread probably should be closed. Again, thanks for you quick response.
    ..Art

4. Brian

You're in Tallahassee? I'm less than a hour from you (Near Marianna)...

5. ataylor

ataylor New Member

Yes sir I am in Tallahassee. Moved up from Lakeland about 6 years ago. I am a volunteer web support for the local American Legion weg site and wanted to use your "easyphpcalendar" and replace the Google calendar. Since the hosting on Godaddy is Windows I am trying to understand what I will be needing to configure / upgrade.

Have a good day.
    Art

6. Brian

7. ataylor

ataylor New Member

It looks like I am not going to be able to get around being a Windows shared hosting on Godaddy. Even the YouTube shows installation taking place on a Linux. Oh well...I will keep looking.

Thanks...Art

8. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

GoDaddy does have Linux hosting available. And you can convert your account from one type to the other. Unless you have specific requirements to stay with Windows hosting...

9. ataylor

ataylor New Member

Thank you, ve9gra, for your post.

No I have no reason to stay on Windows. That was the hosting plan prior to me inheriting the support for the Legion web site.

I want to convert to Linux but so far I have not been able to get an answer from Godaddy for any cost associated with doing that if any other than the monthly cost. I will have to jump into their phone zone since their email response turn-around is 24hrs on my questions to them which for some reason they do not answer.

Have a good day and thanks again.

--Art

10. ataylor

ataylor New Member

Good afternoon, Brian.

I have now transitioned to Linux on my GoDaddy shared hosting. I also had them initiate a PHP upgrade as well. I now have PHP 5.3.6 and MySQL 5.0.

I have run your test scripts and have gone through the IONCube install and all appears well and I am ready to purchase EasyPHP Calendar Version 7.

One question before I do. Will I be able to have a "mini" calendar for use on my sidebar that on a mouseover show the event? It appears from the "Intergration" section of the "Getting Started Guide" that I can. If so then I will have a link available to click and go to the full calendar.

Have a good day.

Thanks.
    ______
    Art

11. Brian

Yes, you can set up the side bar in the way you described.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.