1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Forbidden Error on popup event

Discussion in 'General Support' started by thutch, Jun 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, I'm helping an existing site who has been using this calendar for a while. Recently, I'm told, when they click an event on the calendar, it results in a popup window with an error message. This can be seen from http://secondchancefund.org/subpgs/events/events.php

I've checked the permissions on all of the directories leading to the calendar and verified that they matched what you've described in the install pages. I've also tried switching all of the /calendar/function/ and /calendar/ files to 777 permissions, just in case. Neither seemed to work. We're using hostgator, which I believe is at PHP version 5.

This is the message:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /calendar/functions/popup.php on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache mod_fcgid/2.3.5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at secondchancefund.org Port 80
  2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

The error message is a server error message. Something has changed on the server to cause this message to appear and it is not allowing the calendar page to appear.

Check with your host to see if they know why that link don't have proper permissions. There may also be more details in your server error log file.
  3. Brian,

After your response, I found no pertinent errors in our error log, so I opened a ticket with the host to see if their logs contained anything more specific. I got this response from hostgator. (They were very quick to respond, as well. I was impressed).

"This looks to be hitting a mod_security rule on our servers. I have whitelisted it for you and you should not see anymore 403 errors. If you have any further questions about this please let us know."

Everything works now. Thanks for your help.

- Thomas
  4. Brian

We've made a change in the code to resolve that issue so current versions should not have this problem. :)
  5. Hi - I am getting the same error. Is there a way to resolve without contacting my hosting provider? Can I upload a new version of the code?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Dan
  6. Brian

What version of the calendar are you using? (Setup Manager / System Page)
  7. I am using version 6.3.18.
  8. Brian

You need to upgrade to the latest release of the calendar which fixes this issue with newer versions of some server security software.
  9. Ok, can I upgrade by loading the new files to my server without overwriting my current calendar data?
  10. Nevermind, I found the upgrade instructions. I will give it a shot!
  11. Success, upgrading resolved the issue - and it was easy! Thanks for your help, Brian!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.