1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Flat file solution

Discussion in 'General Support' started by gdyer911, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm probably not the first guy...but I've probably been using the calendar for going on 2 years and my site is getting busier all the time.

I'd like to be able to convert to a db structure and p**** the db every few months to keep it clean.

Right now I'm afraid my seq. file is getting too large for it's own health -

My question is ... how large is too large....and what are my options?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Greg
  2. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

As long as your server is able to handle the load of parsing the file every time there's a visitor, then your file is fine. Once you start to see slowdowns, then you should think about converting to mySQL. With the mySQL setup, you wouldn't need to purge the db entirely as there's a plugin that will help you clean up past events (it doesn't work with a flat file).

I can convert your flat file to a .sql import file if you want to keep the events you have while you transition. Contact me using the link in my signature.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.