1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Filter click to homepage and a formatting issue

Discussion in 'Wordpress' started by RLSinOP, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm having 2 problems and would greatly appreciate your help. I'm currently testing the EPC demo code and I think it's just what I need.

Please take a look at this Wordpress page/site I'm developing for a Church:
    http://ww2.rschrock.com:8086/?page_id=329

I'm using a blank page with a custom template with code mostly from the demoTOC.php file.

Problem #1 - Clicking on the filter button takes me back to the home page. My paths (/calendar) work everywhere else - suggestions?

Problem #2 - When you mouseover the calendar table, do you see how the colors change (the weekend shading and category legend colors go to white)? I assume it's a table or theme attribute, but I don't know what it is.

Again, any help would be much appreciated
  2. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Problem 1: try to add this just before the require for the filter
    PHP:
    $thisFile "?page_id=329";
    Problem 2: Try putting the $CSS line inside of the <head> section, and the $OL line just after the <body> tag. You can check out the WordPress integration tutorial on my site. I'm hoping that putting the things in the right order will stop the messing up that you get on the table.
  3. Thanks Gervais,

That didn't seem to have any effect. I'm not a PHP developer, so I tried both:

<?php $thisFile = "?page_id=329"; require("calendar/plugins/filter.php"); ?>

and...

<?php $thisFile = "?page_id=329"; ?>
    <?php require("calendar/plugins/filter.php"); ?>

neither seemed to have any effect.

Additionally, I moved the $CSS and $OL lines back into the header.php file. Here's a paste of a few lines:

<?php $CSS=1; require("calendar/calendar.php"); ?>
    </head>
    <body class="<?php mystique_body_class() ?>">
    <?php $OL=1; require("calendar/calendar.php"); ?>

By the way, the Wordpress theme I'm using is Mystique
  4. One more thing...

I removed all the table tags (<table> <tr> <td>) and now the problem of mouse'ing over the calendar, legend and list only effects the individual rows rather than the entire table.
  5. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

For some reason, the filter isn't picking up the current file... remove the $thisFile line, and lets try something else...

In its place, have the following (I'm also adding the code for the filter so you can see how to place it)
    PHP:
    <?php
    ob_start
    ();
    require(
    "calendar/calendar.php");
    ob_end_clean();
    require(
    "calendar/plugins/filter.php");
    ?>
    As for the weird highlighting, it's not related to the calendar. Check out your other calendar and you'll see that it does the same thing. You must have some JS code or something that does that, but I haven't been able to find anything yet.
  6. Gervais - I got the formatting issue resolved, it was a how table styles were being set in my theme's style.php file. So that's resolved. The problem with the filter continues, perhaps this will be helpful. When I execute the filter (select a category and click the filter button), here's the resulting URL it returns:

http://ww2.rschrock.com:8086/?showCat=4&Submit=Filter&mo=11&yr=2009&ev=

I don't know exactly what's going on here, but I'm not sure this can be accomplished if the filter query that's trying to happen by this ?showCat function is within Wordpress. Is AJAX a potential solution?
  7. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

I guess this post should get you there... It's the exact same situation.
  8. Any idea how to do this Gervais? Sorry - I wish I knew how to direct a <form> to post, but I don't. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks again,

!! Forget it - I figured it out - here's the <form> code from the filter.php file:

<form action="/?page_id=329" method="post" name="FilterForm" id="FilterForm">
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  9. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

I hope this fixed your problem... And I should have expanded on the details, sorry.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.