1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Event Categories: HELP

Discussion in 'General Support' started by vharrison, Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vharrison

vharrison New Member

Ladies and Gents,

Backgroud:
    I am reconcilled that I am going to have to create a custom script to add events to the database. Reason: existing data in other databases to be used to "format" both the Subject and the contents of the to-be-added event (think of a school calendar where each of the classes, prereqs, teachers, etc. are in databases and you want to write some of this information into a scheduled class.

The Problem: Decoding the character string that represents a Category.
    So here is what I am needing. Help would be appreciated:
    1. Where do I find -- or how do I find -- the characterstring (or transformation rule) for a specific Event. Because Category types do not appear to be stored in a database I surely would like to know how to confirm the text string stored in the database = the category that was added. How?
    2. Helpful hints from those that have found it necessary to create custom ADD EVENT scripts and have solved this problem.
    3. How have those that created custom ADD EVENT scripts dealt with subsequent change to the event list or the description of the event (other than tightly controlled Administrator procedures)
    BTW, I really like the tool Very, very nice.
    Victor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.