1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

EPC with Exponent CMS

Discussion in 'General Support' started by cpw, May 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cpw

cpw

Greetings,

Before I spend time trying to integrate EPC with Exponent CMS I thought I would check here first to see if anyone has already done this or tried and failed?

EPC seems to be much better than the calendar module in Exponent, and if we can incorporate EPC into our exponent sites we would purchase several copies of EPC.

Thanks,
    CPW
  2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

I don't have any experience with this CMS... perhaps someone else has and can chip in...
  3. cpw

cpw

Hi Brian,

I finally have time to get back to this project. I can get a basic EPC calendar to display within Exponent CMS by modifying the system template to include the EPC items, and then using the Exponent Page Displayer module to display a "page" containing the specific php/EPC code for the calendars I want displayed.

The one gotcha seems to be the path to the templates dir. To get things working I had to code paths such as:

require("../calendar/calendar.php));

Unfortunately I can not get any variation of path to work with the template files. I have tried using:

$template = "blog.php";

$template = "../calendar/templates/blog.php";

$template = "/HTML/calendar/templates/blog.php";

and numerous other variations. nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions, pointers, ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance,
    cpw
  4. Brian

The paths to the calendar templates would feed off of the paths that are stored in the calendar.php file...

$template should only be the name of the template.
  5. EPC with Exponent

Hi

I seem to be having the same problem as well. I am trying to use Easy PHP Calendar with Exponent. When I try to set $template, it comes up with a php error and the page won't display. I was wondering, does the $template value resolve to a hard coded directory? If so, is there a way to get around this?
    The php page which is calling the calendar is within my exponent directory and the calendar is in another separate directory. When I pull in the required files, the path resolves correctly

ie)
    requre('../calendar/calendar.php')

however:

$template = "blog.php"
    or
    $template = "../templates/blog.php"
    or
    $template="../calendar/templates/blog.php"
    all don't work.

If anyone has any idea what could be causing this, i'd greatly appreciate the help, thanks!!

Ray
  6. Brian

What is the PHP rror message?

(FWIW, it's best to start a new thread instead of posting to an outdated one. Helps keep issues better organized.)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.