1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Displaying category in TOC mode

Discussion in 'General Support' started by gcrachel, Sep 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. When I enter events, I give tem a category, say "Birthday" and a short desciption like "Jim's Birthday". When I view the TOC mode for this event it displays "Jim's Birthday" followed underneath by again "Jim's Birthday". Can I make the calendar show the category "Birthday" first then underneath the short desciption "Jim's Birthday"? Also, the days I have multiple events, the ">multiple events<" shows properly with the short desciption of each entry. But I really don't like how this looks, is there any way for me to get rid of the ">multiple events<" text?

Thanks.
  2. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

I'm not sure what you mean with the "Jim's Birthday" thing, but for the multiple events footer, just go in the setup manager in the Popups section, under "Footer Date Type" and select "None".

Would you have a link to your installation so we can see what the issue is (the birthday thing).
  3. I will try to explain better. As shown below, on the first day I have one event entered. For some reason the calendar shows the short desciption twice, once as a heading and a second along with the category color. I would like it to display once with the category color. In the second day, I have two events entered. Now it shows the ">>Multiple Events<<" heading which I think takes up too much space and doesn't look good. I'd like to get rid of the ">>Multiple Events<<" heading. Is there a way to do these things?
    [​IMG]

Thanks.
  4. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

Those messages should not be on the TOC screen. Can you post a link to your page?
  5. Brian

Did this appear this way from the beginning or did it just start?

What database type are you using?
  6. it appeared as soon as I upgraded from 6.0 to 6.2.7. Database is MySql.
  7. Brian

So it's been since early July? (That's when 6.2.8 was released).

Can you open a support ticket with the URL, user name and password for you Setup Manager?
  8. no, not since july. I just updated this week. I will open ticket.

Thanks.
  9. Brian

If you updated this week, you should be using Version 6.2.11. Can you verify this?
  10. I downloaded the update when you sent out the email back in July. But I hadn't gotten around to updating till this week. So I do believe it is version 6.2.7
  11. Brian

Please update to the latest release and see if it resolves your issue.
  12. I updated to 6.2.11. The problem persists.
  13. Brian

Received your support ticket. I'll look into it...
  14. Brian

Found the problem. This is a semi-unique situation. It seems that the specific combination of pop-ups settings and having two calendars on the page, the first being the Normal Mode calendar, some of the variables from the normal mode were carrying over to the TOC mode. I've fixed this for your installation and a permanent fix will be in Version 6.2.12.
  15. Thanks Brian. The fast and helpful response is greatly appreciated.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.