1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Database Help

Discussion in 'Wordpress' started by keithjfuller, Aug 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Let me start off by saying that I have never even touched MySQL before today. I knew it existed - and I had a faint idea that it was something to do with a database - that's it.

I bought easyphpcalendar, and i'm trying to set it up. i noticed that i had to create a database? so i went to the database tab in the setup manager and saw stuff about MySQL. I said, i know i have that in my hosting cPanel. So i went in and created a database and assigned it a user and password.

the problem is, i have no idea what to call it in the setup manager - i tried every combination of the words i saw in my cPanel, but nothing worked. the database i created is called y2keefus_acalendar, but when i put that in i get this:

There was an error connecting to the mySQL database.

The error was reported as:

Unknown MySQL server host 'y2keefus_acalendar' (1)

what do i do? i searched the forum for answers, but everyone seems to be much more advanced with this, so their questions were never really this basic. I also looked through the documentation, but i'm an idiot i guess.

basically, i need to know what to put (or how to find out what to put) in the "database host" & "database name" section.

i have hostgator as a host if that means anything.

-YOU CAN ERASE THIS - I FIGURED IT OUT!!! i'm not as dumb as i thought (pretty close though)
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  2. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Just posting here in case someone else comes across this.

99.9% of the time, the database host will be "localhost". Database name is what you see in your cPanel.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.