1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Database Creation error in set up

Discussion in 'Installation / Upgrade Questions' started by pkonstan, Dec 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is the error I am getting. I thought tyhe setup automatically builds the database and user name.

There was an error connecting to the mySQL database.

The error was reported as:

Access denied for user: 'kdmcons@pass21.dizinc.com' (Using password: NO)
  2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

The error you see is what mySQL is reporting to the calendar script (it's not an actual calendar error).

It's basically means that the mySQL information that is being entered into the Setup Manager is not allowing it to connect to the mySQL server.

This is the verbatim message that mySQL is reporting to the calendar. If the login information is correct, it will prompt you to create the calendar table in the database.
  3. Cool. Do you know how I can fix this?
  4. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

This is something to do with the server. You're web host provider would be best at helping you troubleshoot this issue as they know specifically how to create database connections on their server.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.