1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

(Custom) User Fields

Discussion in 'General' started by jeremycurtis, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does this ...

Parse description for user fields:
    Special user fields will be parsed before displaying the description.

mean these
    [date] The date that was clicked
    [time] The start time of the event
    [timeend] The end time of the event
    [shortdescr] The short description of the event
    [eid] Unique internal event identifier

It seems whether the option above is on or off that these are parsed still.

I have added custom fields in the category manager but how do I get them to display? Can I parse them too? I've added a venue location and want to display it in the template file, but if I add [venue] it just displays [venue].

Thanks for the help again

Thanks
    Last edited: May 10, 2006
  2. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

I don't know what you mean by you added custom fields as there is no mechanism in place to allow for this. Only those 5 fields that you listed are parsed for.

What you can do to specify a location is by adding a secondary category with all your venues listed as options. Then when entering an event, you will see a second drop box that will let you choose the location. Then when that event will be displayed (like in a popup or the listing module) it will show the name of the secondary category (Location: or Venue: ) and the option chosen.
  3. Thanks,
    By custom field I meant that I'd added it as you indicate in the categories. So you've confirmed that I can't explicitly list those items in my template.

But they don't seem to appear at all either in my listing or in popups? Is it automatic, I can't see any options? The new categories appear in the event manager OK but not in the calendar display.

Also, I am still not sure what this option means as the [date] etc. fields are parsed whether its on or off?
    Parse description for user fields:
    Special user fields will be parsed before displaying the description

Thanks again
  4. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

The main category names won't appear on the calendar. It's used for the color. Any additional categories with selections will appear on the calendar.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.