1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Css styles joomla vs escal

Discussion in 'Mambo/Joomla Integration' started by gary527, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I cannot find in the post clear instructions on how to keep my calendar from being overtaken by the Joomla template css file.. I DO NOT want this to happened.. I adjusted the colors on my home page mini cal but I need the font colors to be different from the style in joomla .. bottom line i need both if possible

thanks
  2. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

There's no way to fix that other than to fix your Joomla CSS. That's how CSS works.

Normally, this is caused by applying CSS to blanket items which blocks out any other CSS that are assigned by classes. If your theme is done correctly (in Joomla) the calendar will remain unaffected.
  3. thanks for the reply... I really could use your expertise here.. you mentioned if the template is done right it won't affect the escal, how can i verify that it is? do you need to look at my css file in joomla? I just bought $200.00 worth of calendars and going to buy more next week cuz i am changing out all of my clients calendars to easy php (over 70) but gradually over the next few months. and a good number are using Joomla templates that they chose for the colors.. is there some parameter that can be used?

Baffled
  4. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Can you tell me which elements are being affected by the change of color?
  5. thanks for responding..
    if you use the password I sent to you via your website you will be able to see escal calendar for it is hidden from public..

the fonts of the calendar is what I am trying to change.. the css file in the joomla template is a lighter font because the backgnd is dark but I do not want to make the calendar dark just to accomodate that issue here is the link http://unionthirddivision.org/site/index.php

what is happening is that my main page where I want to use a blog mode the calendar is jack up with those dark colors and with DARK COLOR FONT!... here is a link http://unionthirddivision.org/site/modules/calendar/demoBlog.php

i know how to change the table colors in the blog but the calendar as you know is following the changes i made in esstyle.css in effort to get around joomla css file.

Plus I cannot define the current day in the mini cal because of this

thanks for your help
  6. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Find this bit in your site/templates/rt_technopia/css/style_2.css file
    Code:
    div#side div,
    div#side p,
    div#side td,
    div.bottom div,
    div.bottom p,
    div.bottom td {
    	color: #EFDDC2; /* salmon */
    }
    and remove the line
    Code:
    div#side td,
    That will let the calendar use it's own coloring template.

I highly recommend using Firefox with the Web Developer Toolbar (from Chris Pederick). It is available for every OS (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux) and makes CSS troubleshooting a breeze. Use the "View Style Information [CTRL+Shift+Y]" to get info about which sections of CSS affect a certain element. And use the "Edit CSS [CTRL+Shift+E]" to edit the CSS live without having to upload for every change you make. Makes it so much easier to make some tweaking.

I'm attaching what I managed to do with your calendar by using the Edit CSS feature.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.