1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

CSS problems?

Discussion in 'PHP-Nuke Integration' started by orophin, Dec 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have two problems with the calendar right now. I'd like to make sure everything works with it before I decide to purchase it and I'm hoping you can help me.

My first problem is the style. The calender is just plain text. it doesn't look good. I still get the mouseovers, but the dates aren't clickable. How do I resolve this? I've looked through the forums and tried some of the suggestions that were posted, but nothing worked for me.

The second problem that the calendar has is then you click an arrow to go to the next month, it gives me an error that says "Sorry, that module file was not found" It does change to the next month in the calendar but I still get that error. How can I fix this as well.

You can see the calendar here at www.resurrectioncc.com thank you.

Orophin
  2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

The styles missing are due to the calendar CSS not being included in your page.

The "module" error is not anything to do with the calendar. The calendar would not product this error on it's own.

ve9gra is the resident PHP Nuke expert. Next time he drops in he may be able to point you in the right direction if you haven't figured it out.
  3. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Make sure you're trying with the current version of the module (available here). The instructions are included in the .zip file.

Let me know if you're still having problems afterwards.
  4. I've updated the module, and that has cleared up the problem I was having when navagating to different months.

I'm not seeing the mouseover now as well. I have it enabled.

If you look at the calendar http://www.resurrectioncc.com/
    You'll see that it's just plain text. I'd like to get it looking like the one on your homepage. What do I need to do to edit that? is it not reading the style sheet?
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2007
  5. After switching the theme on the site, the calendar seemed to work fine with all of the styles and colors showing up. So I'm assuming that my current theme is overriding the style for the calendar? What can I do to fix that, and I'm still not getting the mouseover on the calendar. any Clues?
  6. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

This is actually caused by your theme. The default theme allows for additional items to be loaded in the head section by calling /includes/custom_files/custom_head.php

You should be able to find in the default theme where it is called. Then modify your theme to match. (I haven't used PHP-Nuke in a long while... I'll try to find exactly what/where stuff is)
  7. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Actually, forgive me, I got mixed up in my CMS... I was thinking of PostNuke.

For PHP-Nuke, the new versions call that file from the /theme.php file. If you have an older version (I think you do), you might have to take some different steps.

Open /includes/my_header.php and add the following line before the ?>
    PHP:
    $CSS=1; require("calendar/calendar.php");
    I'm not sure why it worked when you changed your theme... Let me know if this fixed it.
  8. Well, here is what I did.
    In my includes folder, I don't have a my_header.php file but I did have a header.php file in my root directory. I added the lines of code that you suggested to that file and that fixed the issue of the style not showing up. Now I assume that by editing the esstyle.css file that I will be able to customize the colors and things that I want?

I still have an issue with the mouseover not working right. And as you can see www.resurrectioncc.com the calendar sticks out more than my other blocks. Is there a way to adjust the size of the calendar?
  9. I just realized that you may not be able to see the issue that I'm having if you are not registered on the site. The calendar is only visable to registered users. I'll see if I can change that.
  10. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Yes, there is a way to fix that... Click the EPC Tutorials link in my signature. You can find the CSS maps for the calendar there. It might help you customize the look better.

Specifically, you're looking for .mainTable and .navTable. Edit the width to be a smaller multiple of 7.

As for the overLib, it seems that it is disabled at the moment, but I do see what the problem is (just unsure why it's happening). There was a few other posts of users with the same problem.

The solution was to hardcode what the $OL section is supposed to give you. In your case, here's what you should do. Open the block-Calendar.php and comment out the line that has the $OL. Just below that line, add the following:
    PHP:
    echo "<script type=\"text/JavaScript\">
      var ol_width=350;
      var ol_delay=100;
      var ol_fgcolor=\"#000000\";
      var ol_bgcolor=\"#AAAAAA\";
      var ol_offsetx=10;
      var ol_offsety=10;
      var ol_border=1;
      var ol_sticky=1;
      var ol_vauto=1;
    </script>
    <div id=\"overDiv\" style=\"position:absolute; visibility:hidden; z-index:1000;\"></div><script type=\"text/JavaScript\" src=\"/calendar/overLIB/overlib_mini.js\"><!-- overLIB (c) Erik Bosrup --></script>\n"
    ;
    Don't forget to enable the overLib popups in the Setup Manager.
  11. Thanks for all the help Ve9gra.

Although I'm not sure what you mean by commenting it out. I'm a real php newbie and not so fluent with all the technical terms for things.

I did copy and paste those lines of code right where you said to. It didn't seem to work out well and I had to remove it. I'm sure it was an error on my part though.
  12. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Commenting something out in PHP just means adding a double slash at the begining of the line..

Just make the line end up like this
    PHP:
    //$OL=1; require("calendar/calendar.php");
    But now that I looked at your site again, everything seem to be working ok. Right now there's a feature that is enabled on the block that redirects the clicks to the module, and this disables the on-click and mouseover popups. To re-enabled that, again, edit block-Calendar.php and comment out (see above ;)) the line with $epcAltLink.
  13. Fantastic!! Everything works perfect now. I appreciate all that help with this.

I have one last question though. On my calendar, The days that have events planned on them always show up in Red, is there a way to have it so that different type of events show up in different colors in the block? Like when looking at the main calendar page?

resurrectioncc.com/calendar
    That shows different types of events in different colors, but the one in the block only shows events in Red. there a way to fix that?
  14. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Woh.. I looked at your source and there are some problems in there...

First, you have no </head> tag...

Second, the $CSS line cannot have been put at the right spot because it shows up way at the bottom of your code... it should be right before the </head> tag.

As for the red, that is either set somewhere in your PHP-Nuke theme, or it is caused by the fact the $CSS line is not at the correct spot, hence the page doesn't know what colors to apply.
  15. hmm, maybe I should stop while I'm ahead. lol

A few posts back you asked me to put this line of code
    $CSS=1; require("calendar/calendar.php");
    in my includes/my_header.php file before the ?>

I didn't have that file in my includes directory and found a header.php file in my main root directory.
    So I pasted the code in that file at the very bottom before the ?>

And that fixed the issue of my calendar in the side block from showing up as just text.

I'm sure that I probably put the code in the wrong place or wrong file. But it seemed to work and at least gave the calendar some kind of style.

What is strange is that when I edit the colors in the esstyle.css file, the changes will happen to the main calendar file at resurrectioncc.com/calendar but do not take effect in the calendar that shows in the block.

I can live with what I have now, and have purchased the calendar since I got it working to a point. But if I can tweak it just a bit more to get it working 100% then that would be great.

Thanks

16. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

You're right... header.php is not the right file. If you have a /includes/my_header.php then you add the code to that, otherwise, if you have a /includes/custom_files/ folder, you create a custom_head.php file in that folder (that file is included in the integration module) with only the $CSS line.

Not sure why you no longer have your </head> tag...

As for the colors not updating, that's more than likely caused by your PHP-Nuke theme where they apply settings "globally" to like all tables, or all cells... I tried to have a look at it earlier but I was rushed and didn't find anything.
  17. I've been playing around with the themes on the site and I think I know what the problem is.

I'm using Autotheme on this site, And I think thats whats effecting it. I've switched the theme to one of the themes that were pre-installed with Php nuke and the calendar works perfectly with that. All of my colors are perfect and show up correctly. So I'd have to assume that it's something that the Autotheme module is doing and over riding the css for the calendar.

Would that make sense?

I think I'll start looking into getting a nicer theme done on the site.
    Thanks for all the time and help you've put into this.
  18. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

Sometimes other CSS will override basic HTML characteristics of basic elements such as TABLE, TR, TD, BODY, etc. instead of applying the CSS to a specific element in their template. This will override ALL TABLE, TR, TD, BODY, etc. on the page, and can effectively break other layouts (such as the calendar) on the same page.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.