1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

CSS Disabled Navigation Controls

Discussion in 'General Support' started by bsaum, Oct 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bsaum

bsaum New Member

I embedded a TOC calendar within a page and the associated CSS is making the navigation controls unusable. By removing the CSS call from the page the nav controls work again. My question is what navigation CSS calls could be conflicting with my CSS data? And are there any possible work arounds?

2. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

We'll need a link to that page so that we can troubleshoot what's happening.

3. bsaum

bsaum New Member

The link is http://www.fbcmcallen.com/caltest.php I also noticed that the mouseover feature only works in Firefox and not IE. This is also corrected when removing the CSS completely.

4. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

You've got a few issues. Lets start with the mouseover. The code for it (the $OL line) needs to be the very first thing right after the <body> tag. Not having it there will give you issues like you're experiencing.

Now, as for the navigation, there are a few issues. They're both in your own CSS. The first changes the color of the text, which makes it seem that the buttons have no text.
    HTML:
    html, input, textarea
    	{
    		font-family:Arial;
    		font-size:0.75em;
    		line-height:1.25em;
    		color:#e8e4d6;
    	}
    If you change the color to #000000; the text shows up again.

The second issue is that you have a <div> that places itself right over the section of the navigation, which makes you unable to click anything in that area. That is the <div> right at the end of the page
    HTML:
    <div class="foot">&nbsp;</div>
    If you remove that, it should make it work again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.