1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Conflict of Javascript?? Pop-up not appearing

Discussion in 'Mambo/Joomla Integration' started by AlunaDerek, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've successfully installed the easyphpcalendar into Joomla. The problem I'm running into is that the popup window isn't appearing on my "mini" calendar and causing my page to do odd things. I've checked and confirmed that pop-ups are enabled in EasyPHP admin

I do have a javascript based rounded corners script enabled with an absolute path from my templates/index.php joomla page. There must be some kind of conflict with that script? The script is located at:http://www.alunadesign.com/mcca/template/mcca/shadedborder.js

The site is located at:
    http://www.alunadesign.com/mcca/

*2 minutes later - I've looked at the page again and it appears that the sticky popup is showing the bottom right hand corner of my browser window.

Any suggestions or direction would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  2. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

This is not caused by your JavaScript. This is actually a known issue with the Joomla/Mambo integration module. It was either provide an easy to use module or pretty hard to integrate instructions. So what we ended up with is a non-compliant integration, which causes the issue you're seeing here.

If you want to get rid of that problem, you will have to follow the actual integration instructions (ie: add the $CSS line before the </head> tag, and add the $OL line just after the <body> tag).

Note that you would not be affected by this issue if your Joomla template was table based. This is actually caused by having the $OL code inside of a <div> tag...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.