1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Charset

Discussion in 'Installation / Upgrade Questions' started by DotHellas, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DotHellas

DotHellas New Member

Hello,

How I can set the charset to iso-8859-7?
    I changed it in index.php file but it dosen't works in the Admin(setup) area, so I've to manually edit config.inc.php file.

Thanks
    Chris
    PS- Your script is loosing lots of points due to poor explanation of it's features in your site. It's just a few days ago that I bought [another calendar] for $149 !!! which has a lot of bugs, even if I've came before to your site. The poor explanation of its features made me not even to download the trial. Even the full feauture setup it's somehow hidden in your demo.

2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

Version 6.3 (which is nearing completion now) will allow you to add your own custom code to the admin headers :).

Thank you for your suggestion. I'm always open for ideas on how to improve the calendar and the web site. I'm working on a few things now that may help...

"Even the full feature setup it's somehow hidden in your demo." -- What areas do you think need immediate attentions with explanations?

:)

3. DotHellas

DotHellas New Member

The setup page. That's in which any potential user will understand the power of EasyPHPCalendar. I've been surprised when I seen it. In your demo there is only a calendar and an option to add an event. Now I seen a small link saying "setup". I think that a screen shoot of this page with some explanation must be in yours site main page, or at least in the "Feautures page".

So.. I have no luck to work with Greek characters now?? I must wait for the new version? Is difficult to send me encrypted the admin file presetup with iso-8859-7 ?

Thanks

4. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

There is a link on the Details page to the Setup Manager. I'll add one to the demo page too...

Version 6.3 is probably a couple of week away from release. I should be posting a Beta in the next day or two. But, if it need it now, I'll certainly be glad to change the header for you. Just open a support ticket and let me know which encoder you're using. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.