1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Category Filter and Date

Discussion in 'General' started by HTC, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HTC

HTC

Hi all,
    I'm with the trail version of EPC - I have added the category filter and now I have the filter on top of the "TOC" mode.

Unfortunately it is not working well with the "standard" date filters on the "TOC" itself, when I "filter" the month (for example) is "resetted" - basically when I search with the date is ignoring the category and viceversa.

Is there a way to have both working?

Thanks
    --
    HTC
  2. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Do you have the calendar integrated in your own page, or did you modify the demo? From what I recall, both should retain the values in the URL... so you should be able to use both at the same time.
  3. HTC

HTC

Hi ve9gra,
    thanks for your reply.

You are right, the values are kept in the url and and if I set a date, then "Go", then "Filter" on this page results are ok.

However if I select "March" and then "Birthdays" category - if I click on "Go" it will display march events not filtered, if I click "Filter" it will display the Birthdays events for this month (February) (because the filter plugin is using the url values and not the current selection).

What I would like to have is having the chance to select the Month and Category and then "click" only once (on the "Go" button).

Basically I want the Category filter but I would like a single submit button.

Thanks
    --
    Alberto
  4. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Those functions are separate. You have to choose one first, then the other. There is no way to set "Birthdays" and "March" then click "Go".

The only way to make it work like you're describing is by disabling navigation, and creating your own code - which would be unsupported.
  5. HTC

HTC

Hello ve9gra,
    yeah, disabling navigation and write my own code it's something I have thought but it's too complex :) and take too much time.

It would be very nice add the "category" filter directly in the navigation (as option) in the new releases!

Anyway I think I'm going to buy a license.

Thanks again for your help

--
    HTC
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.