1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Can't set up trial version

Discussion in 'General' started by gdwoods, Oct 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I downloaded the trial version and uploaded according to instructions. When I go to the setup page I get:

Fatal error: Incompatible file format: The encoded file has format ID 2003120701, whereas the Optimizer can read up to 2002062301 in /home/legacyro/public_html/escal/setup/index.php on line 0

I did not see the option to download 2 versions, only the zend version.
  2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

At the bottom of the license email, there should be a link to the ionCube version.
  3. Thanks for the reply, but I did not receive a license email. I just tried downloading the trial version again thinking that perhaps I had simply overlooked an email, but again NO EMAIL. I read the license popup that is available on the download screen and there was no link there either.

I really would like to include your product in my evaluation. There are many calendar scripts out there though and my time is short. I've already wasted much of it with the zend version which does not work. Can you email me the link? gdwoods@epix.net

4. I would like to test the trial version but I don't know how to upload in binary or ascii with my Dreamweaver FTP.
    Do I need to get an extension? Can someone help me?

When I buy the 5.7 not free version will I have the same problem?
    Will I have to get again into the hassle of forcing dreamweaver to upload in either of theses modes?

:crybaby:
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2004
  5. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

You shouldn't use Dreamweaver to upload stuff... it's barely ok to upload pure HTML pages but when it comes to pure FTP power, WS_FTP is still the king... but there are many other graphical FTP clients out there.
  6. Brian

If you need assistance with this, please send me a PM with your FTP information and I'll do the upload for you.

As far as the paid version goes, it does not have these special requirements as the trial version has.

7. Yep that's what I found out searching a bit on the web. I don't have this program, I'll get it.
    But I have got cute ftp pro. Can this FTP program let me choose the mode I want before uploading? Thanks Ve8gra

Thanls Brian for your reply as well. I'm gonna try first to do it by my self. I'll contact U if I'm stuck.
  8. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Yes, CuteFTP is also a reputable FTP client that will allow you to set your upload mode.
  9. Well I had it but I still downloaded the other one. Indeed it's quite cool.

Anyway, now I did not get the same error message but a screen sayong that I did not my zend blabla and telling me to download it.

As I've got no clue about what it is I'm gonna try the ionclube version.

It's still a bit of a hassle just to evaluate this version.
  10. Brian

I agree, it can be a hassle, but it's the only way that I can even offer a trial version. Before, this wasn't even an option. And remember, that paid version doesn't have these requirements and should work fine with Dreamweaver right out of the box, so to speak.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.