1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Cannot go to next/previous month in FireFox, but IE is GREAT!

Discussion in 'General Support' started by javier, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i've embedded the calendar into a file called url/calendar/calendar_in.php and the calendar works flawlessly in IE, but in FireFox, only the current month is displayed...and when i click on the << or >> for previous or future months, i get this error:

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'calendar.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /homepages/6/d202975193/htdocs/calendar_in.php on line 16

i've read numerous posts on this forum, but it's always the OPPOSITE problem, where it bombs in IE...but for me, it's FireFox that bombs....(yes, i have cleared the cache too...)

when i embeded the calendar into my webpage, i placed this line from demo.php between the <head> tags:
    <?php $CSS=1; require("calendar.php"); ?>

and the rest of the code from demo.php, i put in between the <body> tags...
    i think it's right since it works in IE...any idea why FireFox wont let me go to any other month???

PLEASE HELP before i pull out all my hair! :( Thanx in advance!

2. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

I don't really know what is causing this but everything on the page seems ok (except for where the $OL line is... it should be right after the <body> tag).

For some reason, when clicking on a link to "calendar_in.php" your server redirects the request to /calendar_in.php instead of staying in the same folder. What you could do is you could move the file calendar_in.php to your /htdocs/ folder and adjust the paths in your requires to be "calendar/calendar.php".

Another possible solution would be to add the $thisFile argument right before the calendar and set it to "/calendar/calendar_in.php" and that should fix your links, but I'm not too sure on how your server will handle them.

Check to make sure you don't have some kind of URL Rewriting rule enabled.
  3. ve9gra! i tried your suggestion#2 below:

"Another possible solution would be to add the $thisFile argument right before the calendar and set it to "/calendar/calendar_in.php" and that should fix your links, but I'm not too sure on how your server will handle them."

AND IT WORKS!!! now the calendar navigates in FireFox and IE.... THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! :)

i really appreciate your prompt help!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.