1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Calendar to schedule attorneys

Discussion in 'General' started by eggmedia, Jan 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eggmedia

eggmedia New Member

I have a client who wants a calendar just like the one at [link removed]
    (A variant is at [link removed]
    I THINK they may be using your calendar, is this so? They want the public or other attorneys to be able to request a mediation time online.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

That appears to be our calendar. You want the public to be able to add events?

3. eggmedia

eggmedia New Member

Thanks for the quick reply. The purpose of this calendar is to post dates and times that mediators are available. By clicking on an available time slot, the public should be presented with a form to request that time. Only an administrator should control the calendar. There is only one type of event, which is mediations. There will be several mediators using this and I'm not sure if I will use separate calendars or one master calendar for them. Please look at the example I cited. If your calendar can do this, I'm more than happy to pay for it.

4. Brian

There should be no issues doing this. The form requesting a time will be separate from the calendar and a mediator will need to review it an add it to the calendar once approved.

5. eggmedia

eggmedia New Member

Great! Do I have to do anything special to populate the form with the date and time that was clicked on? Another example is [link removed] and it gives the option of AM or PM appointments.

6. Brian

7. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

This is just in the interest of full disclosure, the calendar that you referenced is not EasyPHPCalendar. It is a service offered by nadn.org. Although the calendar uses the same month header image as EPC, it is not EPC.

At best, it was Brian moonlighting several years ago... at worst, it's based on intellectual property from an early version of EPC.

I've worked with EPC since I think version 3 (about 10 years), and cannot attribute the output to any version that I know of.

That being said, it doesn't change the validity of what Brian said above.

You can also find a couple of old posts where I reference a date-picker/availability/booking mod [here, and here] which is a possibility for you if you're booking full days. Adding the AM/PM option hasn't been attempted, but would add a lot of complexity (I think).

8. eggmedia

eggmedia New Member

Thanks for the information. I checked with NADN and they charge $30/month per user for the use of the calendar. I think they use cookies to pass some of the information, and my programming skills are very limited. I would like to find a solution that we could purchase. Can you help with this? I need something that works just like http://www.georgiamediators.org/mycalendar-small.php?id=2029048347

9. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Correct me if I'm wrong, but even though the legend seems to imply that you can reserve a morning or after-noon, it doesn't seem that it is used. There are no AM/PM markers anywhere on the calendar.

I can help you in that I can get the calendar to present you a form when clicking on an available date, but the form itself and the processing that would go with is out of scope.

10. eggmedia

eggmedia New Member

I spoke to someone who uses the calendar. Apparently, it does have this capability but almost nobody uses it. I think just a full-day reservation would be fine. If you can provide whatever hook is needed to invoke the form and populate it with the date, I can build the form and handle its processing. Thanks again!

11. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Contact me using the link in my signature and we'll work out the details.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.