1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Calendar Not Showing Up

Discussion in 'General Support' started by pr0grammerMX, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello, I just need some simple assistance with the calendar's initial setup. I have read the docs.easyphpcalendar.com site many times, and have posted here as a final source for help.

I have placed the:

<*?php $CSS=1; require("calendar/calendar.php"); ?> (without the *)

right before the <*/head> tag, and the:

<*?php $OL=1; require("calendar/calendar.php"); ?> (without the *)

right before the <*body> tag.

I am using List Mode, and have copied and pasted the required code from the help site (docs.easyphpcalendar.com),
    and have also used the $listEvents, Year, etc. This is where I have the questions.

1) All of the list commands currently "equal x", except for ListMouseOver (which equals 1), and ListWeeks (which equals 52).
    For the rest of the values that equal x, do I just assign them values as I see fit for the calendar?

2) For the tags that must be placed into the <head> and <body> tags, it states this: "*Replace "calendar/" with the actual path to the calendar directory relative to the directory of your web page."
    When I log into my FTP server, I have a file titled galtdancecenter.com that contains the rest of my files for my website, including the folder titled 'calendar' for the PHP calendar. I wasn't sure if I was to replace the require("calendar/calendar.php") with something such as require("galtdancecenter.com/calendar/calendar.php")[FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,'lucida grande',arial,helvetica,sans-serif]. ( I have already tried the galtdancecenter.com, and received errors. Knew I would, but I needed to give something a try).

I am not really sure on what to put into the "require" field since the calendar.php file *is* inside the calendar file on my web server.

3) "Change the $template variable to the name of another template you have created and uploaded to the templates directory."

I didn't understand what to do with this, seeing that "monthly.php" is correct, and I did not create a template when in the Setup Manager. I only have five files currently in the Templates folder: blog.php, eventAdmin.php, index.htm, modern.php, and monthly.php.

Is there something that I am supposed to do in the Setup Manager to create a new template?

------------------

I know this a handful, but I appreciate any help offered.

Thanks!
  2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

1) That sounds correct. However, just don't use the variable if not needed (none should actually = x).

2) Post the path the the demo.php file and the page where you're integrating the calendar.

3) If monthly is what you want to use, you don't need to change anything.
  3. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

FYI the $OL tag needs to be right after the <body> tag.
  4. Perfect. I got it to work.

My next question is how do I edit the size (width/height) of the calendar itself? I have looked through the help site, but haven't found an area where it specifically states how to do this.

Also, in the Text On Calendar mode (miniature calendar), is there a place in the Setup Manager for me to edit the font color and background color? I have looked through there as well, and have found a location to do this for only the pop-up portion.

Thanks much for your help! This is greatly appreciated!
  5. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.