1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Blog Mode--Calendar on right

Discussion in 'Customizations (Themes / Templates)' started by swimmrguy, Oct 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swimmrguy

swimmrguy Calendar User

I have been working on using the demoBlog.php file to customize a page for my site. I tried moving the normal mode calendar into the right cell of the table, and the list into the left cell.

The resulting page displays as I would expect, but the navigation buttons to move to prev/next months don't work. Clicking on daily events will get the correct day to display in the list. But I cannot get the month to change.

This page works as expected:
    http://meds.queensu.ca/medicine/paeds/site/modules/calendar/demoBlog.php

This one doesn't
    http://meds.queensu.ca/medicine/paeds/site/modules/calendar/demoBlog2.php

Any suggestions would be appreciated, as I'd prefer to have the calendar on the right than on the left.

2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

Let me look into this...

3. Brian

I've fixed this and it will be in the next release, 6.3.08. :)

(Beta release later today.)

4. swimmrguy

swimmrguy Calendar User

Thanks Brian....quick to respond, as always :thumbs_up

5. Brian

If you get a chance, please try the Beta and see if it resolves this issue.

6. swimmrguy

swimmrguy Calendar User

Brian,

I tried updating to the new beta. However, in the Setup Manager, it is still showing the version as 6.3.05. And the demoBlog2.php page isn't working.

Should the version number be showing the new beta version number? If so, it looks like I didn't successfully upgrade.

7. Brian

It should show 6.3.08 as the version number. You may want to try upgrading again.

8. swimmrguy

swimmrguy Calendar User

Brian,

I finally got the beta installed! Not sure what my problem was the first time around.

With the beta installed, the blog mode works fine with the calendar on the right! Thank you!

You can see it in operation at http://rounds.pediatricsatqueens.ca

9. memeadmin

memeadmin New Member

I'd like to do a very similar layout on my site - would you be willing to share with me your template and any necessary changes to the core files I'll need to consider?

Thanks!

10. swimmrguy

swimmrguy Calendar User

I did this with a very simple change to the demoBlog.php file. I have attached my demoBlog2.php file. I also did some simple changes to the /templates/blog.php file to make the colours match my site.

Feel free to post if you need further help.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.