1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Blank Set-up screen

Discussion in 'Installation / Upgrade Questions' started by KentTubman, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KentTubman

KentTubman New Member

Hello,

I am successfully using multiple instances of your script (with separate licenses) on the same domain name using separate folders and separate tables in the same Db.
    Everything is working great!

Now, when I attempt to install another calendar using another separate folder and separate table, I run into trouble.

When I visit http://myfmradio.ca/1009/calendar/ I see:

Thank you for using the Easy PHP Calendar!
    If you experience any errors during the setup process, please see the Errors FAQ.
    For help setting up and integrating the calendar, please reference the Instructions.
    Your satisfaction is our primary concern and no question is too small to ask. Visit our Forums if you need assistance with anything.
    DON'T GIVE UP! Installation of encoded files can be tough. If you haven't already, try the Auto-installer.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Continue With Setup...
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Easy PHP Calendar PHP Calendar Script

When I click on Continue With Setup... I get the white screen.

File permissions for calendar.php, config.inc.php and license.php are 646 and I have tried 777. No success with either.

I have uploaded all the files in Binary - Doesn't work.
    I have uploaded all the files in Binary then replaced everything except folders events, functions, images, plugins and setup using ASCII - Doesn't work.
    I have uploaded the folders events, functions, images, plugins and setup using Binary and all others using ASCII - Doesn't work.

After each unsuccessful upload, I deleted all the files in the calendar folder to start fresh.

I have updated the path info in calendar.php to suit my new install.

I have compared the permissions and configuration of this new instance with the other working instances and all looks OK.

I think I have set-up and tested everything that has been spelled out in your instructions, in the Knowledge base and mentioned in the Forum with no success on this new installation.

What am I doing wrong?
    Is there something in the script that "sees" the other instances?
    Do all instances need to be running the same version of the script?

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kent

2. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Did you get the files from a fresh .zip or are you going off a backup? If you're using a backup, it's possible the files are already corrupted, so re-uploading them in different modes wouldn't make a difference.

3. KentTubman

KentTubman New Member

Great question!

I thought the same thing after a few attempts so I download a fresh zip then expanded it into a fresh folder.

No luck.

4. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

I see how each radio station has their own subfolder. Is it possible that you'd have a custom php.ini in the 1009 folder? That's sometimes what happens, and if the proper Zend lines aren't added to the php.ini, then it gets disabled for that folder and all sub-folders.

5. KentTubman

KentTubman New Member

Just checked - No php.ini in the 1009 folder
    The php.ini applies to all folders at this domain.
    Prior to installing this script in 1009, I successfully setup 955 without issue.
    What causes a white screen with no errors?

6. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

A white screen with no errors usually means the files are corrupt. See the Errors FAQ below.

7. KentTubman

KentTubman New Member

OK - I'll delete everything then re-upload.

Please confirm that the only folder and files to upload as binary are events, functions, images, plugins and setup.

Thank you both for your help.

Kent

8. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

You can upload everything in binary mode. That would be easiest.

If you'd like, you can open a support ticket and we can upload the files for you.

9. KentTubman

KentTubman New Member

Thank you for offering.

I just submitted a ticket.

Thanks,

Kent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.