1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Adding filter and legend plugins to page in Joomla

Discussion in 'Mambo/Joomla Integration' started by SFTN Media, Nov 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi

After searching many threads on filter/legend plugins and trying to add the code required (from the instructions link in the online documentation) to add the filter and legend plugins to my TOC page, I still cannot seem to get the filter and legend to show on my joomla template page.

My question is: which page do I need to add the code to enable it in a joomla webpage? I have tried the demo.php but it has been unsuccessful so far.

Thanks
    Casey
  2. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

If you want to use more than just the small calendar in your sidebar, then you cannot use the module. It doesn't do a proper integration. You will have to follow the Integration instructions (in the Online Docs). Then to add the bits of code to your content area, like a post or a page, you will have to use a PHP integration plugin like KL_PHP.
  3. Hi. I have managed to get the calendar working in my joomla template with TOC and I am happy with setting it to fit, reset the style, etc Many thanks to you and Brian for all your help as I found everything I needed in your forum threads. The only thing I wanted to add was the filter and legend plugins. Is the KL_PHP plugin a Joomla plugin?
    Thanks
    Casey
  4. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

The issue with the filter and legend plugins is that they check to make sure that the CSS line has already been declared. Because of how the module integrates, usually the values that would have been declared are not available, which causes the plugins to fail.

If you already have the TOC going, then you won't need KL_PHP (which is a Joomla plugin btw).

Now, to make sure that the variables needed by the plugins are there, you'll have to add a line just above them to import back in the config.
    PHP:
    require("modules/calendar/config.inc.php");
    Of course, match the path to suit your setup, but it should be the same path as you're using in the other requires.
  5. Thanks for the prompt reply... Where do I paste that line of code?
  6. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Just before where you want to add the filter and the legend.
  7. This is where I am stuck... I have managed to get the TOC working by creating an article page in joomla and pasting the following into the entry block:

{loadposition epc}

To add the filter and legend plugins, I haven't found a specific reference to the page or document that I need to paste the following:

require("modules/calendar/config.inc.php");

Following various threads found in the forum, I have tried adding this in a number of the documents related to the joomla template and calendar but with no success (demo.php, calendar.php, the template's .css and index pages, the entry block on the actual page, etc).

Many thanks for all your help.
    Casey
  8. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

That's the new module (created by a 3rd party). I had never even so much as looked at it.

Looking at the code, you can add the lines for the plugins (forget about the config.inc.php) on like 111 if you want them above the TOC, or 113 if you want them below.
  9. Thanks, I added it to the mod page as suggested above.

When I paste the line for the filter plugin above it just brings up a blank page.

When I paste the plugin lines below they show up but when I try use the filter it takes me off the calendar page and back to my home page.

I also have multiple categories set in the calendar but only the first group are showing up.

Suggestions?

Thanks
    Casey
  10. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

The filter only shows the main categories. You need the "full-filter" plugin that I provide, in order to get all the categories listed.

As I'm not familiar with Joomla, or the plugin you are using, I can't provide you with insight on how to fix it. I gave you my best guess, but I can't really explain why it's working if it's set after, but not before.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.