1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

"Add Event" appears in FF module

Discussion in 'Mambo/Joomla Integration' started by rightbrain, Aug 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. When I have on-click pop-ups disabled, FF puts in the "Add Event" link for each date; IE and Safari don't include it - and I don't want it included. If I turn on on-click pop-ups, these replace "Add Event" in FF but I don't need these pop-ups since since I have mouseover pop-ups enabled.

Here's a link to a test page on my development server

How can I get rid of the "Add Event" links? Thanks!
  2. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

This is only happening when you are signed in to your Event Manager at the same time as you're browsing your page. It will never show up for a regular visitor.
  3. Thanks for your quick reply!

That leads me to another question - when logged in, this Add Event link goes to index.php rather than modules/calendar/index.php. I saw where someone else inquired about this but can't find a solution; is there any way to change this link? This is for a school site and I'm worried they will forget to logout, therefore resulting in broken links, but I can't find where the links are generated.
  4. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

The link is there only because of an inconsistency between your browser, computer and server. You should not see those links in the standard integrated page, but your browser thinks you are logged into that page (it's passing variables and credentials it shouldn't). This will only occur if you are already logged into the Event or Setup Managers and logging out or closing your browsers will make the link no longer appear.

There is no way to adjust the link (again, it's not meant to be accessed this way).
  5. Thanks for the quick reply; I thought that was the case, but figured I'd ask. Thanks for a great module!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.