1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

2 Questions...

Discussion in 'General' started by TGreene, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TGreene

TGreene New Member

I'm developing a website for my church (www.oursaviourlutheran-jonesboro.org), and had a couple of questions.

1) Do you all offer any type of a church discount (or possibly even a free license)..?

2) Our site is heavily framed, and the calendar is being called from an <IFRAME> which is set for 100%, but I'm getting a horizontal scrollbar that needs to be removed. I frequently use the following code, but I need to know exactly where to place it within your system.

<style type="text/css">
    <!--
    BODY {
    overflow-x: hidden;
    overflow-y: scroll;
    }
    -->
    </style>

Thanks in advance,

Tim Greene

2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

3. TGreene

TGreene New Member

I'm unable to figure out how to switch from demo.php to index.php... Can this only be done with a full license..?

4. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

It would probably be a better idea to modify the calendar's CSS to make it fit your frames instead of chopping off the excess..

5. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Index.php is only a file that does some checks (to see if the demo is disabled) and then calls demo.php.... You can disable the demo from the Setup Manager so that no body can see the calendar by simply going to yoursite.com/calendar but you can still use the demo.php in your iframe.

6. TGreene

TGreene New Member

That's exactly what I was originally wanting to do, but I've been able to find where to do it... I've looked all through the default/esstyle.css file, but was unable to locate any type of width parameter.

7. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

inside of esstyle.css there is at least 3 width parameters affecting various parts... .mainTableTOC, .mainTable, .navTable

If it's the list that is too wide, you'll find those parameters inside of the template file you're using (find the file in /calendar/templates/)

8. TGreene

TGreene New Member

I didn't get anywhere with those, but I was able to correct this issue by removing the <IFRAME> and forcing the frame to scroll, by changing the parameter to "SCROLLING=YES" , rather than "AUTO".

THe downside (and reason from the <IFRAME>), is that I have now lost the rollover capabilities of the menu script. If there is a universal area to add the required script tag into the body, then everything will be okay.

-Tim

9. TGreene

TGreene New Member

Everything is FIXED and working beautifully, but now I would like to know how to change the colors or remove the event text boxes at the bottom the the monthly calendar...

I didn't see anything in the esstyle.css file that even looked remotely close.

10. Brian

Do you mean the List Mode, the separate list of events below the TOC Mode?

11. TGreene

TGreene New Member

Yep, but after a few hours of messing with it all, I got it figured out properly, and color coded everything to fully match our website.

I spoke with our Pastor just a little bit ago, and she has to go to the council to get the money released for the license, which means it would be next Monday at the earliest... Will we lose any of the customization that I've worked on if something happens and we roll a few days past the trial deadline, or is it possible to extend the trial for another week at the most..? Our council met last week, so this coming Sunday will be the earliest that anyone will be able to get together for a special session.

-Tim

12. Brian

You won't lose anything if the trial expires. Afterwards, once you put in your license information, everything will resume fully functioning.

13. TGreene

TGreene New Member

Thanks for the quick respone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.