1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

2 Categories & IE Problems

Discussion in 'Customizations (Themes / Templates)' started by pamelafarber, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pamelafarber

pamelafarber New Member

(1) i simply want to have two categories drop-down lists that viewers can choose from Locations & Sessions but I can only get the locations one to appear and it doesn't seem to work the calendar shows all events regardless

(2) I had set the calendar up using Firefox and the design of my website was perfect no problems then when I tested it in Internet Explorer the entire page isn't aligned and I cannot find a solution.

(3) I have just added a third category simply for the popup & hover information so that it lists the Instructor teaching the class... but it doesn't appear like the other two categories do. Its simply showing the Location & the Session.

I had tried putting the calendar.php page as an inline frame from an html page but it still does the same thing. I figure its a CSS problem but I cannot seem to find it. No matter what I change it seems to never work in IE but always looks great in Firefox - but unfortunately thats not the browser my client is using.

The images do not appear in this page as i'm coding a new design but the calendar needed to be in my base folder not the one i'm putting the new design in...

http://laurafurtado.com/newcalendar.php

the alignment SHOULD look like this page:
    http://laurafurtado.com/newdesign/about-instructors.html

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  2. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

1- You need my full-filter plugin to have filters for sub-categories. Contact me using the link in my signature to buy it.

2- I see that you do not have a doctype declaration. This can cause the issues you are seeing there. Currently, the demo pages for the calendar use the following:
    HTML:
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
    3- Your "Instructor" sub-category shows up properly from what I can see. If you look at the July 2nd "Strip to fit" and July 3rd "Zumba", you can see the heading there. Note that it will not show up if a value hasn't been selected for that sub-category.

3. pamelafarber

pamelafarber New Member

sorry i was wanting the three categories to show up in the description - it currently shows 2 of them: the instructor and the session but i would also like it to show the location... i have made sure each were selected but it doesn't seem to be effected

4. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Is it possible that Location is your main category? Like the first category in the list? That's the one that sets the color for the color-coding. It does not list it textually. If you want Location to show up, you will need to create a sub-category for Location.

Use your main category for what you want color-coded. But since all your categories are set to be the same color, I think you'd be better off to only have a single selection for your main category and name it like "Classes" or "Sessions"... Then you can have another selection that would be like "Special events" with a different color, so that clients can quickly see them.

5. pamelafarber

pamelafarber New Member

yes it is my main category... they're all the same colour cause thats how my client asked for it she didn't like all the different colours

i'll try that suggestion see if that works!

6. pamelafarber

pamelafarber New Member

the code worked great! i just have a few q's about customizing it now so it suits the page...

http://laurafurtado.com/newcalendar.php

(1) i made the additional category so that it shows up in the popup window but now i would like the main category to be hidden - is it possible to remove?

(2) also how might i make the dropdown menu's line up horizontally instead of vertically?

7. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

1- Do you mean from the filter? You won't be able to remove the category from the Event Manager, but if you want it removed from the filter, I could customize it for you (for a resonable fee).

2- I can modify that at the same time, but the way you could do it yourself is to modify line 99 and remove
    Code:
    <br />
    from that line.

8. pamelafarber

pamelafarber New Member

okay i tried removing that <BR> but it looked pretty stupid haha so i've made a list of a couple things i want done, can they be done? and for how much?

- Make 'Show All' show the category title instead of 'Show All' with the text beside each dropdown removed

- Make all dropdown boxes the same size

- Line them up in a row

9. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

It can be done, but please, since this is a modification and not part of the actual calendar, use my email instead of the forum.

I will contact you via email for the details.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.